Our first concert of 2011 was a big one! Performing at Blackwood Miners’ Institute on Friday 20th May was the Choir’s first professionally produced stage concert. Up until now we had only performed at local Churches and The Big Cheese. With the stage lights in our eyes and a near capacity audience (once again including local dignitaries), we stepped up to the mark and did ourselves proud.
Our choir’s first professionally produced stage concert
Our repertoire for the performance was a mix of established pieces such as “Bridge Over Troubled Water” and new works for the summer like the “Medley From Les Misérables”.
Triawd were once again our guest performers (they performed at our very first concert) and again graced us with their stunning A capella vocals.
- Pastyme With Good Company (Henry VIII)
- All Things Bright And Beautiful (John Rutter)
- The Gift To Be Simple (American Folk Song)
- Chattanooga Choo Choo (Harry Warren)
- Tri Aderyn Cymreig – Three Welsh Birds (Welsh Folk Songs)
- You Raise Me Up (Rolf Lovland)
- Mara Marakaya (Karl Jenkins)
- Ar Lan Y Môr (Welsh Folk Song)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Paul Simon)
- Salm 121 (Brian Russell)
- In the Mood (Joe Garland)
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (Don Raye & Hughie Prince)
Choir and Triawd
- Medley From “Les Misérables” (Claude-Michel Shönberg)
- At The End Of The Day
- I Dreamed A Dream
- Castle On A Cloud
- Do You Hear The People Sing
- On My Own
- Bring Him Home