Snow and ice kept away this year so our Christmas Concert was able to go ahead as planned. The choir had some exciting new repertoire for the 250-strong audience to enjoy. The concert opened with “O Fortuna” by Carl Orff and closed with a rock ‘n’ roll version of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” with plenty of variety in between!
Our guests were the wonderfully talented young vocal trio SERIN (formerly “Triawd”) who were making their third appearance with us.
This was our first visit to the Aber Valley and we received a very warm welcome to Beulah from the Baptist and Community Churches who use the building. Everyone had the opportunity to socialise after the concert and to enjoy the mince pies and other plentiful festive offerings!
- O Fortuna (Carl Orff)
- Non Nobis, Domine (Roger Quilter)
- Cwsg Osian, from “Nia Ben Aur” (Huws & Harpwood)
- Down to the River to Pray (Traditional Spiritual)
- Tri Aderyn Cymreig (Traditional Welsh Songs)
- Mara Marakaya (Karl Jenkins)
- Pastyme With Good Company (Henry VIII)
- Good King Wenceslas Piae Cantiones (1582)
- Nos Galan (Traditional Welsh Carol)
- Rejoice and be Merry (Malcolm Archer)
- Panis Angelicus (Cesar Franck)
- Away in a Manger (Traditional Normandy Melody)
- Winter Wonderland (Felix Bernard)
- O come, all ye faithful (J. F. Wade)
- Christmas Candle (Russian arr. Donald Swann)
- Schneewalzer (Thomas Koschat)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Johnny Marks arr. Mac Huff)
Serin joined the choir for an encore, Praise His Holy Name (Keith Hampton)